13 December, 2015

Warhammer 40k In Tokyo, Japan

What I'm going to cover here is how to find Games Workshop in Tokyo, so if you're interested in finding and even playing 40k in Japan, this is the article for you!

Last month I had the opportunity to visit (or "find", I should say) the Games Workshop in Tokyo. It's located in the Chiyoda area (in Japanese: 千代田区 or Chiyoda-ku), north of the Imperial Palace and not too far from the famed geek-haven known as Akihabara.


If you make the journey, beware that typing "Games Workshop Tokyo" can give you conflicting results. As you can see in the image below, there's a separate entry for something that looks official which is called "Warhammer". Well my buddy and I followed our GPSs and Google Maps to the location, only to find ourselves standing in a random backstreet. Needless to say, an empty backstreet isn't what we were looking for. As such, I've included an image below of the proper location as it appears on Google Maps. 


Once there we found a well-stocked store, which is great considering that it's the only shop that has all the 40k goodies you could want within the country that I'm aware of (aside from Iconoclasm in Osaka). Of course there's also Yellow Submarine in Nagoya, but as I hinted at, it's not very well stocked at all, but we'll get to that in a separate article at a later time. For the time being here are a few shots of the store:


Oh yeah, and Nottingham has not only blessed the guys in Tokyo with an Astartes helm, but a chainsword as well.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for posting this article. I'm in Japan on holiday and thought it'd be fun to stock up on fire warriors while in Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete